M. Baha EREN
Career Related Professional Experience :
• General Manager SELAH Shipyard 2013-…..
• Defence Industries Consultant of HATKO Group of Companies 2009-2013
(Member of NKTR Executive Board since 2010 and Chairman since September 2011)
• Chief Inspector of TN (Turkish Navy) (**) , TN Headquarters ANKARA 2008-2009
• Commander of Amphibious Fleet (**) İZMİR 2007 – 2008
• Chief of Personnel TN (**), TN Headquarters ANKARA 2005 – 2007
• Promotion to Rear Admiral (UH) (**) 2005
• Commander of Southern Task Group (*) , MARMARIS 2004 – 2005
• Chief of Plans & Policy NAVSOUTH (*) , NATO Headquarters NAPLES – ITALY 2002 – 2004
• Chief of Operational Training TN (*) , TN Headquarters ANKARA 2001-2002
• Promotion to Rear Admiral (LH) (*) 2001
• Duties as Navy Captain ( 1995 – 2001)
- Chief of Operations Department , Turkish Fleet Command GOLCUK
- 5th Squadron Commander (MEKO Type Frigates)
- Secretary General of Commander Turkish Navy Adm. Salim Dervisoglu , TN Headquarters ANKARA
- Commander of MEKO Type Frigate ORUCREIS
• Duties as Commander (1992-1995)
- Commander of MEKO Type Frigate YAVUZ
-Second-in-Command MEKO Type Frigate YAVUZ
• Duties as Lieutenant Commander (1987 – 1992)
- Turkish Naval Attache in Turkish Embassy ROME – ITALY
- Head of Personnel Training Branch TN , TN Headquarters ANKARA
- Principle Warfare Officer MEKO Type Frigate TURGUTREIS
- Head of Operations Branch Turkish Fleet , Fleet Headquarters GOLCUK
• Other Duties ( 1974 – 1987 )
- On board Frigates , Destroyers , Fast Patrol Boats and Amphibious Ships
- University at USA
- Internal Professional Courses and Trainings ( including international courses , test and trials one year in Hengelo / HOLLAND for MEKO Type Frigates Command & Control Systems , one year at HDW in KIEL / GERMANY)
Personal Skills :
• On duty as the Member & Chairman of NKTR Executive Board 2010-2012
• On duty LPD Project with TKMS & CELIK TEKNE Shipyard 2009-2010
I worked 2 years in this Project in details including HVAC requirements and offers.
• On duty as Chief Inspector TN 2008-2009 All commands , bases and floating platformsa re inspected and evaluated in terms of combat readiness by my 100-person team all the year.
• On duty as Amphibious Fleet Commander TN 2007-2008: I commanded more than 10.000 people including 3 Generals and 2 Admirals from Navy and Army.
• On duty as Chief Personnel TN 2005-2007 My job was to execute all personnel matters related with Admirals , officers , CPOs , ratings , laborers and civilians ( Total 58.000 persons) in the Navy.
• On duty as Southern Task Group Commander 2004-2005 : I commanded number of ships such as frigates , fast patrol boats, submarines, mine sweepers and an oiler with a crew of more than 3.000 as a sea-going task group.
• On duty as Chief of Plans & Policy NAVSOUTH 2002-2004: My job was to prepare operational plans for Southern region NATO Navies and to dictate the policies and principles to be followed when they were at sea. I was the head of 35 multinational officers from all NATO countries.
• On duty as Chief of Operational Training TN 2001-2002 My job was to improve the operational training level and to maintain the combat readiness level high for all type of more than 200 combattants in TN.
• On duty as Secretary General of Commander Turkish Navy 1997-1999 : My job was to coordinate all internal works of departments in the TN headquarters ANKARA and to cooperate affairs between TN and the other services ( Army , Air Force , Government Authorities etc.), to prepare TN Commander’s general and private program, to handle the relations with press etc.
• On duty 16 years at sea (12 years on MEKO type frigates.
• Turkish Armed Forces War College ISTANBUL 1990
• Turkish Naval War College ISTANBUL 1984
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Naval Post Graduate School, Monterey, CA. USA 1981
• Turkish Naval Academy 1974
• Fluency in English and medium level of Italian languages
• Capability of managing personnel
• Capability of understanding technical documents in English
• Planning , programming and systematic time based work discipline.